Five Major Benefits of Stained Glass RestorationMartin Faith
Stained glass restoration is a great idea for many reasons. It can help to preserve the beauty of the stained glass, help to protect it from further damage, and even increase the value of the piece. Additionally, restoration can help to ensure that the piece is accurately and correctly restored to its original form and design.
Five Top Benefits of Stained Glass Restoration in Salt Lake City
1. Improved energy efficiency: Restoring stained glass can help restore the original structure and provide better insulation, allowing for improved energy efficiency.
2. Increased beauty: Restoring stained glass can help to bring back the original vibrant hues and colors of your Salt Lake City windows, allowing for a more beautiful overall appearance.
3. Improved structural integrity: Restoring stained glass can help to reinforce the frame and glass, increasing the longevity of the piece.
4. Added protection: Restoring stained glass can help to protect the glass from further damage and deterioration.
5. Increased value: Restoring stained glass can help to increase the resale value of a property.
The Stained Glass Restoration Process
The stained glass restoration process begins with an assessment of the condition of the glass, which usually involves a visual inspection or the use of a magnifying glass or microscope for a more detailed look.
The assessment can include an analysis of the glass’s composition, measurements of the lead came that holds the pieces together, and a record of the color, design, and other details. Once an assessment has been made, the restoration process can begin.
This process can involve removing the glass from its frame and cleaning it with a mild detergent to remove dirt, dust, and other contaminants.
The glass may then be re-leaded, and the frames may be repaired or replaced. Color matching can be done to restore the original vibrancy of the glass by adding new pieces of stained glass. Finally, the glass is re-installed and sealed with a protective glazing compound.
If you’re interested in learning more about stained glass restoration in Salt Lake City, contact us today. We’ll be happy to explain the process further and schedule a free consultation.